kryptek typhon is killing me

Water Transfer Printing Issues? Ask Here.

kryptek typhon is killing me

Postby moarefinishing » Fri May 23, 2014 1:21 pm

I'm having trouble with kryptek typhon, I did a pistol and managed to make it work but now I'm doing an ar and doing everything the same way as before. The film doesn't appear to activate well, it never glasses properly and if it does it must be over activated because the film washes off. I'm using twn 2010 activator, water temp is 90-92, soaking for 60-90 seconds. I've tried El Paso's activator and it seems to over activate very easily on this film, it does glass but washes right off.
moarefinishing

Re: kryptek typhon is killing me

Postby admin » Sun May 25, 2014 8:02 am

We switched formulas to a patented universal activator. HydroGlass™ Activator. It has been proven to be the the best activator formula on the market. Try of our new product & see for yourself. Raise your water temp to 95-100F & hydrate film at a 90 second soak, then apply with our new activator. I can send you the application spec sheets & MSDS. Contact us for more info, thank you.

moarefinishing wrote:I'm having trouble with kryptek typhon, I did a pistol and managed to make it work but now I'm doing an ar and doing everything the same way as before. The film doesn't appear to activate well, it never glasses properly and if it does it must be over activated because the film washes off. I'm using twn 2010 activator, water temp is 90-92, soaking for 60-90 seconds. I've tried El Paso's activator and it seems to over activate very easily on this film, it does glass but washes right off.
EpTex Coatings Technical Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby moarefinishing » Wed May 28, 2014 11:36 am

Thanks, I tried your new activator, higher temp and longer soak. This film over activates easily and your activator is the hottest that I tried. No other recommendations?
moarefinishing

Postby admin » Thu May 29, 2014 5:25 am

moarefinishing wrote:Thanks, I tried your new activator, higher temp and longer soak. This film over activates easily and your activator is the hottest that I tried. No other recommendations?

You need to adjust the mixture of air & fluid on your gun. Close up your fluid knob & open the air volume knob. Fine tune the gun until the activator is being atomized in the correct ratio. Air pressure should stay at 30psi.
EpTex Coatings Technical Support
admin
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting