newby looking to get started

newby looking to get started

Postby texascamoman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi Guys, I'm looking into expanding my auto customizing business by adding this water transfer process to my options. I have a couple of simple questions for now. First I want to be able to paint or airbrush over the transfer. Is this going to be aproblem? I'm sure it would have to be after clearing, and are the clears used in this compatable with urethanes? One other thing, I'm seeing some starter kits like mydipkit that dont used heated tanks. Is this a less effective product? Does the heat enhance the quality of the process? I'm figuring on buying the heated setup but wondering were the differences were. Thanks to anyone with some advice.
texascamoman

Re: newby looking to get started

Postby admin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:48 pm

Hi and welcome! You can definitely airbrush with hydrographics and the paint materials that you use are all automotive grade, including the clears. Your water needs to be heated to around 90 deg F for the process. Whether you warm the water, then put it in your vat or have a heated vat. I would recommend investing in a heated tank if you are planning on offering a service for your business. We have a Tabletop Tank that comes as a package with everything your need in order to get started.
EpTex Coatings Technical Support
admin
Site Admin

Return to General Water Transfer Printing Discussion